The Optimal Growing Media for Forestry
Foresters have used FlexiPlugs® and FlexiTrays® to successfully start deciduous and coniferous trees, including loblolly as well as white and red pine. Our products provide optimal water retention and aeration and also promote quick rooting of cuttings. The stabilized aspect of Flexi products gives forestry companies more freedom when it comes to transporting and transplanting young seedlings.
The FlexiTray® consists of stabilized plugs in a pre-filled, ready-to-use propagation tray, which allows for automation at any stage of plant development. Quick Plug North America maintains several industry standard trays within our inventory. The production process we use can fill most North American and European configurations. Quick Plug North America will also work with you to develop a custom formula to meet the needs of specialty crops. Plugs can be predibbled to foster the optimum environment for seed germination or to maximize stem to soil contact for cuttings. If you would like to discuss your specific crop needs, feel free to call us today.
Benefits of FlexiPlug® and FlexiTray® for Forestry:
Durability and strength in mechanized operations:
- Large crop volumes can be planted with great speed
- Uniform plugs calibrated to fit your machine specifications
- Protection of young plants from machine handling
Increased transplant rates:
- Because our stabilized media’s ability to reduce shock, one of our largest customers has reported a 20% increase in the number of seedlings that survive mechanical transplant.
Technology designed to fit all aspects of the process:
- Utilize the same medium from tissue culture to transplant
- Can be autoclaved/pasteurized
- Formulations optimized for tissue culture (TC) and somatic embryogenesis (SE)